Bygballe's blog

misc. from the everyday life of Rikke B

Thursday, June 10, 2004

THE THING ABOUT CHOICE

As you might have noticed I’ve been riding the good wave of life for a while now, and I’ve realised that there’s a distinct pattern to the Good Life that always leaves me in dilemmas.
– fortunately the good kind of dilemmas…

The pattern that I’ve identified is, that good things always seem to come in pairs, and its up to me to choose. Apparently you can’t have two cakes and eat both of them… And the damn thing about making this choice is that it is up to YOU to decide which cake you’re not going to eat. This means that you have to stick to your choice once you’ve decided and not live you’re life regretting that you missed out and the only one to blame is yourself.

How come you always meet two great guys at the same time… or get two job-offers at the same time… or even get to choose between two cute kittens…

Is this God’s, or the Universe, way to force me to reflect on life changing decisions and not just run about and live intuitively and randomly – and happily?

Or am I just kidding myself in thinking that I have anything to say in the matter of my life’s destiny?

I know that I always end up deciding by heart and not cool rationale – and isn’t the whole dilemma of choice really just an academic exercise to keep my brain busy?


Madonna's right: life is a mystery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home