Bygballe's blog

misc. from the everyday life of Rikke B

Thursday, March 25, 2004

THE ART OF SUPERVISION

Today I had a meeting with my supervisor – we’re applying for funding of my project, and it seems that maybe we’ve been a bit over-optimistic about the deadline… but even if we don’t make it, the process has given me a lot of energy and motivation, and today I REALLY SHOULD have brought my digital voice recorder (fancy little piece of technology) because he was just sparkling with inspiration and pushing information on to me. I tried to follow as good as I could, while slowly getting this good and warm feeling in my stomach; this it the right direction we’re going! And: “goddamn, I’ve missed being supervised!”.

The meeting was an excellent example of how supervision works at its best. Not only did he inspire me, but he also lifted my ideas to a new level (which they desperately need if this is going to qualify as a research project) and gently corrected my mistakes.

After researching this “new” angle a bit further - finding some new articles to read - I’m still filled with the belief that this is right, and that the project could be GREAT!

Cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home