Bygballe's blog

misc. from the everyday life of Rikke B

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

THE POWER OF NETWORKS
I’ve been reading a thesis done by some of the students I ”teach” and I have to react on it and make a blog positing, because it was such a heart warming experience.
I’ve followed their process from the beginning to end (if this is the end, I don’t think so…), and they have inspired my own thoughts greatly I the process. Maybe that’s why it made me so happy and proud to see that some of my thoughts from my master thesis were included in their work; that they give me credit and that the hours I spend years ago trying to make my thoughts “sharable” by writing notes and distributing these thoughts – in notes or teaching/conversations – has actually made a difference to somebody. Due to different circumstances I don’t have a lot of people to collaborate with in this area right now, and as a hardcore Networker I have shared these thoughts with A LOT of people, but no reactions to speak of came from it. And that was A BIT discouraging… It made me fear that everybody just hoard information in a sneaky and unengaged way… not to constructive (and I hate that!)…

But reading this thesis… Wow!

And realising that I was on the right path back then, gives me the courage to move forward once again. Especially when I see the EXCELLENT work they have done! Much better than my own thesis!

I also have to work harder on getting a new network of people engaged within this area; it’s simply a necessity for my level of motivation and quality of thoughts (and action…)!

Right then, back to the “lab” ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home