Bygballe's blog

misc. from the everyday life of Rikke B

Monday, May 31, 2004

NATURAL HIGH ONCE AGAIN

A cold wind has kept me indoors since the Summer school, and that meant that my garden has suffered quite a bit. But last week the whether finally ‘warmed’ up, and I spend some hours in the garden, listening to Linked by Albert-Laszlo Barabasi (a book about networks, social-, computer-, … all kinds of networks) on my Mp3-player, while preparing the garden for this season. As usual I have a lot of different flowers at my parents greenhouse, and – as usual – the tiny little plants have been ready to grow in my garden for a while… I just haven’t been ready to plant them…
But now I’m slowly getting there, and hopefully my garden will explode with colours in a month or so.

Anyway, yesterday I had booked a special spinning-class at my fitness centre. It’s a bank-holiday and the normal program has been replaced by this special program. I decided that if I wanted to work out, this was my best option. But when I got there it turned out that the usual one hour spinning lesson was, due to the bank holiday, extended to one hour and thirty minutes!! Oh my God! Of course, once you’re at the centre, on the bike and ready for some exercise, you just go along with the program… And I proud to say that I completed the lesson without vomiting, fainting or somehow falling of the bike… Today I feel fine, but the back of me knees (??) are hurting a bit. I really thing I’ve found a form of exercise that I can get addicted to. I was is such a good mood all day, tired, but high on endorphins – guess 1½ hour of pain REALLY gives you a kick ;o)

Of course there was a bit of adrenaline in my bloodstream too. A … ‘good friend’… showed up on his super cool Honda and offered me a ride. The first few minutes I was absolutely TERRIFIED, but after a while I decided that I just had to trust him and I seemed that he knew what he was doing and I started to enjoy the speed, the moves and being so close to him, moving with him… I was like a dance … or maybe good sex ;o) I didn’t get any work done in my garden or any of the other things I had planned, but… who cares, it was worth it! (…and it just means that I have to work today, but my knees are hurting and I don’t mind some doing some studying after this action packed day…)

Wow, look at the time, I just wanted to post this before going to lunch with one of my girlfriends who I haven’t seen for ages – she’s busy taking care of her wonderful little son (9 months old) and we just haven’t been able to see each other for months it seems. I better go then…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home