Bygballe's blog

misc. from the everyday life of Rikke B

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

MY NEW PINK & PURPLE “GLOAT-RING”

This weekend we had the traditional TP-tournament (Trivial Pursuit) at some of my best friends apartment. It was a bit sad and sentimental, because they are moving to a house north of Copenhagen (closer to my home, I believe I can bike to their place in 20 minutes or so…) and this was the last get-together at this address – and we’ve countless hours of fun in that apartment!
Anyway, they supplied us, the guests, with plenty of vine (not wanting to move all 130 bottles to their new home) and good food and the game began. Usually we divide different teams – smokers, girls, boys, academic (and we usually get our ass kicked…) and so on. This time we started out playing girls against the boys. And, as you probably have guessed since I’m writing this on my blog; the girl-team WON!

The boys, of course, weren’t very happy with this, and insisted on a rematch. And they wanted to increase the stakes and we all put some money on the table. It was a very exiting game, the boys got of to a good start and the girls didn’t seem to go anywhere… The boys started to gloat and thought they had it made, but that was a mistake. The girls quickly finished the game and left the boys to wonder what just had hit them. And somehow that ended the night, and the boys just wanted to go home ;o)
We shared the winnings, the incredible amount of 120 d.kr, leaving the 3 of us with 40,- to spend each.

And today I bought something to remember the victory. It had to be something I could get for 40,- and something I could wear for the next game (and really stick it to the boys… hey, they started the gloating!) and I ended up buying a new ring, pink and purple.
I’m definitely going to wear this ring when we meet up for the next TP-tournament in their new home!

/R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home