Bygballe's blog

misc. from the everyday life of Rikke B

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

COMPLIMENTS: YES PLEASE!

Yesterday morning I was particular happy when I came into my office. I think I had a smile on my face all the way into the city, remembering the dinner-party I had the day before and the comments my friends said the night before. I was happy to see them all again, and in a very good mood.

My advisor stopped at my office door to say good morning or something… he stopped, looked at me and the gave me this nice, a bit shy look as the words just flew out of his mouth: “you look really nice today”, and then he rushed off.

I just mumbled “thank you”, I was a bit surprised, but very happy, because the compliment without a doubt came straight from his heart, and his intentions weren’t suspicious in any way (one of the reasons he’s my advisor – been there, done that…).
He was simply being nice, and he surely gave me a good start that Monday morning :o)

I guess I could go on writing my thoughts on how important is to express your appreciation of the people you like, or even love, but I won’t… (Got a job application I need to finish…) I just wanted to share how it really made my (good) day better to get started with a nice compliment like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home